Sunday, April 22nd, 2007
Issue: 20   Editor: MsNyxxie

$15,000,000 Hitlist DejaVu

On April 19th in the late hours of the night some excitement was brought to BL. Upon noticing that the hitlist was empty, Cavudog decided to have some fun and hitlisted himself for a small fee of $1,337. The reason, “Oh noes he didn’t” was posted on the hitlist. Taking the joke to the next level we believe that Sabin then hitlisted Cavudog for the record this reset at a grand total of $15,000,000. Not to be outdone the reason was listed as “Oh yes he did” which got a few more laughs. Moments later a post appeared in the game forums from Sabin asking, “So... is it still fun to play on the Hitlist?” A few unresponsive moments passed before Sabin was at it again with another post saying, “Hmm, Cavu doesn't seem to have an answer.”

At this point Cavu made his return to the game forum telling Sabin, “I was away douche bag.” The jokes would continue with Sabin offering a ban and Cavu telling him not to do it because it would rid somebody of $15,000,000. It was decided at this point that BL would have a LGF hunt with someone getting a very nice reward. To everyone’s surprise, Cavudog was a victim on the stats page within minutes. How was that possible? Alatariel, a State Don had made the kill. (I have the witness statement!) She was also nice enough to split the $15,000,000 reward with Cavu.

I took a few moments to speak with Cavu about the events surrounding this and he had this to say, "Well as much as I would have liked to see my first account go on to such ranks as Respectable Don and higher, I though I'd put some excitement back into the game. I had no idea such a thing would come of me just joking around. Of course I had a few friends who helped me out, I'm just glad there is no rivalry going on."

So there you have it, the highest we have seen a member get hitlisted for this round. Just so you know Cavudog also was the first person to be hitlisted this round in the 6 figures when his account Propaganda was put up for $100,000. Thanks Cavu for taking the time to speak with me about these events.