Sunday, July 13th, 2008
Issue: 82   Editor: NyxxieGoneWild

$770,000,000 - Skjafar's Story. luco

Now, as most of you know, last week we witnessed the demise of the 14th Nation Don, skjafar. He was hitlisted for a cool $770,000,000, not once, but twice. MWO, Boss of the Sacred Empire was behind it all; and his reasons for the hitlisting were somewhat misconstrued. So, after many messages from the skjafar camp, and to cover my own back, I managed to get in touch with skjafar to hear his side of the story.

I asked him outright, what his understanding of the hitlisting was, he said “MWO approached me, and offered me 3,000 points to wipe TR and give the spot to TSE, I obliged, but waited for DeaDRabbitsFTW to come online so I could ask him about it.” However, before DeadDRabbits came online, the points had already been exchanged. Skjafar continued, he said “DeaDRabbits said that TR are our friends, and I couldn’t shoot them, I returned the points to MWO, and then I was hitlisted.”

So, was this a case of a man not keeping his word? Which MWO previously gave me as one of his reasons for hitlisting skjafar. Or was this a case of someone being childish, and throwing their toys out of the pram, so to speak, because they didn’t get their own way? I will leave that for you to decide.

Nevertheless, one does feel that all of this could have been resolved. Many unnecessary actions seemed to have taken place, which perhaps could have been avoided. For example, why would MWO hand over the points before the shooting? Why did skjafar say yes, knowing full well that he would have to ask DeaDRabbits first?

However, I’m not so sure I could say no to 3,000 points, and I’m also pretty sure it would test the most loyal of people. So, perhaps this could not have been avoided? And ultimately skjafar’s loyalty to EL cost him his life. A no win situation no less? Skjafar is now underground, and will be for a while. Meanwhile MWO is still active, albeit semi-retired. I’m sure neither will stay quiet for too long though.